The FreeIPA team is proud to announce version 2.1.4.
It can be downloaded from http://www.freeipa.org/Downloads and should
appear in the Fedora 15 and 16 updates-testing soon (still waiting for
bohdi to push the builds). A rawhide (F-17) build is also available.
== Highlights in 2.1.4 ==
This is a security release, users are strongly advised to upgrade.
Specifically, it addresses CVE-2011-3636. A Cross-Site Request Forgery
(CSRF) flaw was found in FreeIPA due to a lack of checking the Referer
Header in the server (it is not set in the CLI utilities). If a remote
attacker could trick a user, who was logged into the FreeIPA management
interface, into visiting a specially-crafted URL, the attacker could
perform FreeIPA configuration changes with the privileges of the logged
Some bugs have been addressed too, the highlights are:
* Certificates in the UI are now displayed in PEM format
* systemd support in Fedora 16
* Change the way the Kerberos random salt is calculated to improve
interoperability with Windows
* Fix nis netgroups, users and groups were not appearing
* Better handling of Kerberos realm to domain mapping
== Upgrading ==
=== Server ===
To upgrade a 2.0.0, 2.0.1 or 2.1.0 server do the following:
# yum update freeipa-server --enablerepo=updates-testing
This will pull in updated freeIPA, 389-ds, dogtag, libcurl and xmlrpc-c
packages (and perhaps some others). A script will be executed in the rpm
postinstall phase to update the IPA LDAP server with any required changes.
There is a bug reported against 389-ds,
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=730387, related to
read-write locks. The NSPR RW lock implementation does not safely allow
re-entrant use of reader
locks. This is a timing issue so it is difficult to predict. During
testing one user experienced this and the upgrade hung. To break the
hang kill the ns-slapd process for your realm, wait for the yum
transaction to complete, then restart 389-ds and manually run the update
# service dirsrv start
# ipa-ldap-updater --update
=== Client ===
The ipa-client-install tool in the ipa-client package is just a
configuration tool. There should be no need to re-run this on every
client already enrolled.
== Detailed Changelog for 2.1.3 ==
Alexander Bokovoy (4):
* hbactest fails while you have svcgroup in hbacrule
* Add support for systemd environments and use it to support Fedora 16
* Spin for connection success also when socket is not (yet) available
* Quote multiple workers option
Endi S. Dewata (1):
* Added current password field.
Evgeny Sinelnikov (1):
* ipa_kpasswd: Update selinux policies for ldap and urandom
John Dennis (1):
* Unable to Download Certificate with Browser
Martin Kosek (8):
* Fix client krb5 domain mapping and DNS
* Fix ipa-managed-entries password option long form
* Fix ipa-server-install answer cache
* Fix ipa-replica-conncheck port labels
* Fix ipa-managed-entries bind procedure
* Let PublicError accept Gettext objects
* Enable automember for upgraded servers
* Make ipa-server-install clean after itself
Ondrej Hamada (1):
* Client install root privileges check
Rob Crittenden (4):
* Fix problems in help system
* Fix nis netgroup config entry so users appear in netgroup triple.
* Don't allow default objectclass list to be empty.
* Require an HTTP Referer header in the server. Send one in ipa tools.
Simo Sorce (1):
* Modify random salt creation for interoperability
Freeipa-interest mailing list