On 05/22/2017 05:46 PM, John Bowman wrote:
This is technically two issues but hopefully one solution would solve both problems.

We have a replica that has an EXTREMELY large cldb file and unfortunately not in a position to be able to grow it.
# pwd
/var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-IPA-US/cldb
# ls -la
-rw------- 1 dirsrv dirsrv 38G May 22 10:40 3f194d88-fc9b11e3-a48ba575-885328fc_5255c5c5000000040000.db4 -rw------- 1 dirsrv dirsrv 27G Aug 3 2016 3f194d88-fc9b11e3-a48ba575-885328fc.ldif

Not certain why this particular replica (non-ca replica) would have about 30gb larger files than the others. It is fairly old has has been running steadily for the last few years without incident other than the continuous growth of the .db4 file. My question is if its possible to delete that file and re-initialize the replica to rebuild it or perhaps another safer option?
looks like you haven't changelog trimming enabled and so the changelog .db4 fille will grow forever. the *.ldif file is a reamins of an ldif export of the changelog, it is not needed and can be removed.

I would suggest to enable changelog trimming, it will stop further growing but not will actually decrease it.
If this is not sufficient you need to reinit the instance

Thanks!

--
John Bowman
john.bow...@zayo.com <mailto:john.bow...@zayo.com>