Hi Rob,

On Thu, 1 Jun 2017, Rob Crittenden via FreeIPA-users wrote:

dbischof--- via FreeIPA-users wrote:

I dug into this a little further. Learned about domain levels and that the procedure to remove replicas depends on those levels. Results appear to be, however, the same:

---
root@o201:~# ipa-replica-manage del poolsrv.example.org
'o201.example.org' has no replication agreement for 'poolsrv.example.org'
[when i first tried this, it claimed it had removed the agreement]

root@o201:~# ipa-replica-manage list
o201.example.org: master
poolsrv.example.org: master
o200.example.org: master

This just lists all the masters not their relationships. You'd need to run on each one "ipa-replica-manage list -v' and note the agreements.

root@o201:~# ipa-csreplica-manage del poolsrv.example.org
'o201.example.org' has no replication agreement for 'poolsrv.example.org'
[when i first tried this, it claimed it had removed the agreement]

root@o201:~# ipa-csreplica-manage list
o201.example.org: master
poolsrv.example.org: master
o200.example.org: master

Same.

Plus, if it claimed to have removed the agreement perhaps it really did.
[...]

yeah, everything is fine now, new master and new replica are working together like a charm. I was over-anxious and also read the wrong documentation (for domain level 1 while operating at 0). Finally, a

---
ipa-replica-manage --force --cleanup del poolsrv.example.org
---

on o201 did the trick. Thanks for your hint and once again: Kudos to all FreeIPA developers and supporters.

Best regards,

--Daniel.