You could just go ahead and use ipa, however only assign dns related roles to
your users. The UI won't show options a user doesn't have permission to.

Verzonden vanaf mijn Samsung-apparaat

-------- Oorspronkelijk bericht --------
Van: brendan kearney via FreeIPA-users <freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org>
Datum: 04-06-17 19:12 (GMT+01:00)
Aan: Arpit Tolani <arpittol...@gmail.com>
Cc: FreeIPA users list <freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org>, brendan kearney
<bpk...@gmail.com>
Onderwerp: [Freeipa-users] Re: FreeIPA for simply managing DNS

I use phpldapadmin to manage my ldap instance. From there I can manage
everything related to bind-dyndb-ldap and my bind zones.

On Jun 4, 2017 1:14 AM, "Arpit Tolani"
<arpittol...@gmail.com<mailto:arpittol...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hello

I think striker is talking about DNS Management GUI.
Using bind with bind-dyndb-ldap & storing it on OpenLDAP is just
backend, If we can have a way to manage that setup using WebUI similar
to IPA, It will be really great.

Regards
Arpit Tolani

On Sat, Jun 3, 2017 at 6:22 AM, Brendan Kearney via FreeIPA-users
<freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org<mailto:freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org>>
 wrote:
> On 06/02/2017 01:10 PM, Striker Leggette via FreeIPA-users wrote:
>
> FreeIPA has a very well-made and easy to use DNS management GUI that would
> serve well as a standalone tool.  Are there any plans to fork the DNS GUI
> like this for those who would like an easy DNS management application who do
> not necessarily need LDAP/PKI/Kerberos/etc.?
>
> --
> Striker Leggette
> Identity Management
>
> linkedin.com/in/striker<http://linkedin.com/in/striker>

> why not look at ISC BIND with bind-dyndb-ldap.  i am using it, managing BIND
> zone data in my OpenLDAP directory.

Thanks & Regards
Arpit Tolani