NetApp supports Kerberos, ldap, nis. It is currently pointed at the compat
tree but with the ad trust ID's from the trusted domain do not get
populated in the stock ldap. From what I have read and can see.
I Know using syncronization with the trusted domain is another option but
the trust method is cleaner for my needs. With the exception of name
mapping.

On Jun 4, 2017 11:51 PM, "Jakub Hrozek via FreeIPA-users" <
freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org> wrote:

On Fri, Jun 02, 2017 at 02:05:34PM -0600, Frank Rey via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> I have a Netapp that does not support SSSD or Windbind and i want to use
> IDM ldap to do permission/name mapping.

I'm not sure I understand the problem, is the issue that the netapp only
supports plain LDAP? Would it then be possible to point it at the compat
tree?