On 06/07/2017 10:58 AM, Nick Campion via FreeIPA-users wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> We have a 3 master setup that is failing to replicate changes from a
> particular node to the other IPA instances. The replication status
> says it's all fine, however the record hasn't been changed on the
> other servers. We've seen this on user password changes, adding hosts
> and services. The only thing we've found that seems to fix this
> temporarily is to re-initialize from the master with the changed
> record. A force-sync doesn't pick up the changed record.

What is the change you making, what attribute are you updating?  Could
it be possible that its being excluded by fractional replication?  Or is
it all changes?

Any errors in the logs on the nodes(good and bad):
/var/log/dirsrv/slapd-INSTANCE/errors

Do you see replication sessions starting between the bad node and good
ones?  Are they talking?  Check the access log (
/var/log/dirsrv/slapd-INSTANCE/access) on a good node and look for
"connection from <BAD NODE IP address>"

Next would be to enable replication logging on the bad node and
reproduce the problem (then disable repl logging right away), then send
us the logs to look at.  See
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_directory_server/10/html/administration_guide/managing_replication-troubleshooting_replication_related_problems

Regards,
Mark