Hi folks,

Fixing a topology and replication issue caused my IDM infrastructure to forget about roughly 30 enrolled client hosts.

Though this would be trivial to fix via an ansible playbook that runs the IPA client install command again with the "--force-join" argument.

Manpage and docs suggest this should work. Any tips or help appreciated!

Software:

ipa-common-4.4.0-14.el7.centos.7.noarch
ipa-client-common-4.4.0-14.el7.centos.7.noarch
ipa-client-4.4.0-14.el7.centos.7.x86_64

Error when I try to re-enroll the client:

[root@deawilldpp06 centos]#
[root@deawilldpp06 centos]# ipa-client-install --force-join --mkhomedir --unattended --password=XXXX --principal YYYY --server deawilidmp001.ZZZZ.org --domain WWWWW.org

IPA client is already configured on this system.
If you want to reinstall the IPA client, uninstall it first using 'ipa-client-install --uninstall'.
[root@deawilldpp06 centos]#
[root@deawilldpp06 centos]#