On 06/20/2017 11:38 PM, Ian Pilcher wrote:
If I don't specify the SSL_DIR, the curl command works, so it
definitely seems to be an issue with the NSS database in
/etc/httpd/alias.  I don't see anything obviously wrong with the trust
flags, though:

  # certutil -d /etc/httpd/alias -L

Certificate Nickname Trust Attributes

SSL,S/MIME,JAR/XPI

  Server-Cert                                                  u,u,u
  ipaCert                                                      u,u,u
  PENURIO.US IPA CA                                            CT,C,C
  Let's Encrypt Authority X3 - Digital Signature Trust Co.     ,,
  www.penurio.us                                               u,u,u

Trial and error for the win!

It seems as if the NSS database in /etc/httpd/alias had become subtly
corrupted, so that the trust flags shown by certutil for the CA
certificate were not accurate.

After clearing (-t ',,') and resetting (-t 'C,C,C') the trust flags,
curl works, and certmonger has renewed my expired certificates.

That was not fun.