AHA!!!!

LOCATIONS!!!

Unless I am way off here - what I need to do is set the replica to NOT be DNS, but then standup another replica inside the same "location" with DNS and make sure the hosts in that location talk to it, and in the inside location, they talk to the other host. The point is, and I think this is what I missed,, not ALL replicas have to have DNS setup. And that resolves the problem with the 2 talking that are connected across the NAT.

Please tell me I am on the right path?

-K