Hi,

so finally I managed to fix the issue.
The user used was ‘admin’ the ticket was a fresh one obtained immediately
before the command.

After digging through many mails on this list I was pretty sure it had
something todo with ACIs and them maybe not being readded after an upgrade.
What I did to fix the issue was the following:

I used a slightly modified version of
https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/blob/master/install/share/replica-acis.ldif
(changing the add to a replace) and loaded it onto the master.
Afterwards I was able to delete the replica and add a new one.

Altough when running a “list-ruv” I stell get some error messages (but also
output of actual RUVs)

-snip-
ipa-replica-manage list-ruv
Directory Manager password:

unable to decode: {replica 7} 58456abc000400070000 58456abc000400070000
unable to decode: {replica 9} 578864f6000100090000 578864f6000100090000
Replica Update Vectors:
-snap-

So this is a different issue, but I would be glad If I somehow could remove
these orphaned RUVs.

'krbprincipalname=ldap/auth4.example....@example.com,cn=services,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com'.

    > I suspect some missing ACLs that probably got lost during an update,
    > although I do not know which and how to read.

    What credentials do you currently have? klist will show you.

    If you are admin, or a member of the admins group, then the output of
    this will show what rights the user has:

    $ ipa user-show --all --raw <your user> |grep memberof