On Fri, Jul 07, 2017 at 10:47:44AM +0200, Harald Dunkel via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jul 2017 08:27:53 +0000
> "wouter.hummelink--- via FreeIPA-users"
> <freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org> wrote:
>
> > No,
> >

> I would suggest to add it.

Well, we are considering adding support for the hosts map in the next
version, but not as a means of DNS caching, but as a way to support
users who were running "hosts: ldap" with nslcd so that these users have
one less reason to mix and match nslcd and sssd on a single host.

I don't think DNS caching in general is something SSSD should do.