On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 11:38 AM, Callum Guy <callum....@x-on.co.uk> wrote:

> Ummm if I understand "man ipa-cacert-manage" correctly the it sounds like
> you have renewed the CA certificate which presumably would invalidate all
> existing certificates it has authorised.

I guess you are right. It rather seems that the SSL certificate of the web
UI is not tracked by ipa:

# ipa-getcert list
Request ID '20150826135329':
    status: MONITORING
    stuck: no
    key pair storage: type=FILE,location='/tmp/webserver.key'
    certificate: type=FILE,location='/tmp/webserver.crt'
    CA: IPA
    issuer: CN=Certificate Authority,O=QUARTZBIO.COM
    subject: CN=apache.quartzbio.com,O=QUARTZBIO.COM
    expires: 2017-08-26 13:53:32 UTC
    principal name: HTTP/apache.quartzbio....@quartzbio.com
    key usage:
digitalSignature,nonRepudiation,keyEncipherment,dataEncipherment
    eku: id-kp-serverAuth,id-kp-clientAuth
    pre-save command:
    post-save command:
    track: yes
    auto-renew: yes

but the actual certificate is in /etc/https/alias:
# certutil -L -d /etc/httpd/alias/ -n "Server-Cert"
Certificate:
        Version: 3 (0x2)
        Serial Number: 9 (0x9)
        Signature Algorithm: PKCS #1 SHA-256 With RSA Encryption
        Issuer: "CN=Certificate Authority,O=QUARTZBIO.COM"
        Validity:
            Not Before: Thu Jul 09 09:42:56 2015
            Not After : Sun Jul 09 09:42:56 2017

> From your description it sounded like you just wanted the CA to issue a
> new certificate for your IPA UI, this you can do via the interface.
>
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_
> Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_
> Guide/certificates.html#certificate-request-ui

I'm not so sure: inspecting the host corresponding to my replica which is
working (SSL certificate still valid), shows:
Host Certificate
Certificate: No Valid Certificate

Moreover these certificates already exist, they just should be renewed.

Anyway I still tried ,but the submission of a newly generated certificate
failed with "error, expired certificate"

Thank you for your help.