Prasun Gera via FreeIPA-users <freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org>
writes:

> The only thing I would be interested in knowing is if there is a
> performance penalty to mounting NFS locally. Ideally, it should be smart
> enough to know that, but I'm not sure if it is.

On my NFS server /home is a local ext4 mount and exportet. The clients
automount it as /zentral.  autofs.zentral contains:

*       -fstype=nfs4,rw,sec=krb5p,soft,rsize=8192,wsize=8192
nfs.example.org:/home/&

When I access /zentral/jochen I get the following mount:

/dev/mapper/home_lv on /zentral/jochen type ext4
(rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro,data=ordered)

That seems to be a bind mount.

Jochen

--
This space is intentionally left blank.