I believe you need to set them up in the "Default Trust View" within IPA

Verzonden vanaf mijn Samsung-apparaat

-------- Oorspronkelijk bericht --------
Van: Frank Rey via FreeIPA-users <freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org>
Datum: 25-07-17 03:46 (GMT+01:00)
Aan: FreeIPA users list <freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org>
Cc: Frank Rey <frank.ray.reynolds...@gmail.com>
Onderwerp: [Freeipa-users] Free IPA trust based AD users are not prompted for
smart card pin.

I cannot get smart card login to work for users from my AD trust on IPA
clients. The users have working smart card login on windows.
What should i look at. The IPA is Version 4.4.0  on RHEL 7.3 and the main test
computer is RHEL 6.8.  I have no issues getting it to work for IDM users. I
have the certificate attached to the user account in AD as its usercertifcate.
I cannot find much info on how to troubleshoot certificates for AD based users.
ipa find-certs only shows certs for idm users.

"Ray" Frank Reynolds