Hi folks,

I found some very large log files in

        /var/log/pki/pki-tomcat/ca

On the major CA host the "debug" file is >1GByte and was never
rotated. It seems that there is a responsible config file /etc/\
pki/pki-tomcat/ca/CS.cfg, setting

        debug.append=true
        debug.enabled=true
        debug.filename=/var/lib/pki/pki-tomcat/logs/ca/debug
        debug.hashkeytypes=
        debug.level=0
        debug.showcaller=false

Maybe I am too blind to see, but I haven't found an appropriate
menu in the web interface to alter these settings. Is it safe to
edit this file on the command line, bypassing the ipa web or
command line interfaces? How can I enable log file rotation?

This is Freeipa 4.4.0 on Centos 7.3.

Every helpful comment is highly appreciated
Harri
--
aixigo AG, Karl-Friedrich-Strasse 68, 52072 Aachen, Germany
phone: +49 241 559709-79, fax: +49 241 559709-99