Hi All,

I have a network consisting of both windows and linux clients running
windows server 2008 (active directory) and centos 7 (freeipa). Obviously,
the windows clients authenticate against the *AD DC* *(domain windows.foo)* and
the linux clients against *FreeIPA (Domain linux.bar)* .  This setup is
working fine. However I now want to setup cross domain trust between the
two domains and had few doubts which I wanted to clear before I proceed.

I have gone through the steps of setting up this trust but I am not clear
about the following questions:

1. Am I right in thinking that I will have to add forwarders to the two
domains in the respective dns servers?

2. Which DNS do I set in my linux clients? Do they still resolve against
the free IPA dns or the AD Dns?

3. Also what will usernames will people use to login to the linux machines?
Do they need to specify only the username or the full
*usern...@windows.foo? *

4. What about the existing freeipa users? and what if there are same
usernames in freeipa and AD DC

Any help will be much appreciated.
with regards,

*-----------------------------------------------------------------------Sameer
Kr.

delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.
in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy
version.
Saint Mary's College, Shillong, Meghalaya, India-793003,
smcs.ac.in