Pavel,
Thanks for the help, that solved the problem. Now I can access the web ui.
The upgrade took place yesterday and it was a release upgrade from rhel 7.3
(last update was last week) to rhel 7.4 (so we had a lot of package
updates):

ID     | Command line             | Date and time    | Action(s)      |
Altered
    35 | update                   | 2017-08-07 09:07 | E, I, O, U     |
470 EE

Acording to yum history info, this are the ipa packages that where updated:
    Obsoleted
ipa-admintools-4.4.0-14.el7_3.7.noarch                        @rhel7
    Updated
ipa-client-4.4.0-14.el7_3.7.x86_64                            @rhel7