Randy Morgan via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> Over the weekend our IPA Master failed and I can not get ipactl to
> start, the Directory Service fails.  We have two replicas and I was
> under the impression that if one of the servers failed the others would
> pickup the load, that is not happening however, and we have been down
> for two days now.  Is there something that I need to do to the replicas
> to make one of them the new master, and if so could you walk me through
> the conversion?

Failover depends on your configuration and what isn't failing over. Can
you provide more details on what isn't working? Be sure to include
detrails on how your clients are configured, whether your IPA servers
have DNS srv records, etc.

Once we get that working we can tackle what is going on with the failed
master.