On 08/22/2017 07:53 AM, Mon Corotan via FreeIPA-users wrote:
Hi..

Sorry for my this late update.. Thank you for responding to my query.
I was able to do it on my test vm environment, replication and migration also
works.

I tried this process on production environment but unfortunately I am
encountering an error.
Here's my scenario, I have an FreeIPA server (old one) and another FreeIPA
server with no users and etc.
I need to do replication/migration so the data from the old one will be seen on the new
ipa server. I was expecting to have a positive and smooth operation since I have tested
it on test vm. But unfortunately an error was encountered "CRITICAL Failed to
restart the directory server ".

I checked the certificates and they are all valid and not expired also the
pki-tomcatd service stops. My senior said that this issue was present even
before I handled this project and they are not able to resolve this. Someone
suggested to try using ldap commands not the ipa-tools on this so I can
transfer user details, etc to another server.

May I know if this is possible and can you give me some instructions on how I
can do migration using ldap commands.
Thank you!!

can you detail the exact steps you performed, and provide logs related to the failure when starting the directory server?

You may want to have a look at our Troubleshooting page [1], and check which files to provide for debugging [2].

HTH,
Flo

[1] https://www.freeipa.org/page/Troubleshooting
[2] https://www.freeipa.org/page/Files_to_be_attached_to_bug_report