On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 04:58:33PM +0530, saidireddy ranabothu via
FreeIPA-users wrote:
> Hello all, I have enabled password+OTP authentication for a user and able
> to sync tokens and SSH. While ssh to server using FIPA credentials it's
> asking authentication in two steps as First Factor and Second Factor . But
> i just want to give it in a single line password ,Can any one suggest how
> to do it as a single line password?

Currently there is no way to tell SSSD to change the prompting, the
ticket to change this is https://pagure.io/SSSD/sssd/issue/3264.

But if you are mainly interested in ssh then you can set
'ChallengeResponseAuthentication no' and make sure
'PasswordAuthentication yes' in /etc/ssh/sshd_config as a workaround.

bye,
Sumit