On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 09:51:51AM -0500, Kat via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone seen this before:
>
> 1. User created, and being used for logins, no issues. Works just fine.
>
> 2. At one point, keytab file is retrieved via getkeytab, which also works.
>
> 3. After the keytab is retrieved, the password no longer seems to work???
>
> Weirdness - am I missing something here? This can be repeated with any user
> set to retrieve their keytab.

see man ipa-getkeytab "WARNING: retrieving the keytab resets the secret
for the Kerberos principal.  This renders all other keytabs for that
principal invalid."

This means by default ipa-getkeytab will override the current
secret/password with a random one which will be added to the keytab as
well.

In your case you might want to have a look at the -r or -p option of
ipa-getkeytab.

HTH

bye,
Sumit