On to, 24 elo 2017, Felipe Barreto Volpone via FreeIPA-users wrote:
Hi Bjoern,

AFAIK it should be possible to an AD user use FreeIPA vault, once you have
setup trust.
No, it is not. To get access to a vault you need to have access rights
in LDAP for that. We do not have that yet for AD users even in FreeIPA
4.5. The only available feature for AD users to manage is their own ID
override via CLI (FreeIPA 4.4 or later) and via Web UI (FreeIPA 4.5 or
later) thanks to self-service access controls.

You can find documentation about AD and Vault here:
https://www.freeipa.org/page/Trusts
https://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Password_Vault_1.2
https://www.freeipa.org/page/Active_Directory_trust_setup

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Bjoern Klimpel via FreeIPA-users <