On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 08:18:42AM -0600, Kristian Petersen via FreeIPA-users
wrote:
> If you are using Samba with FreeIPA, you may want to wait to upgrade to
> 7.4.  There is a bug in a library that comes with sssd that will break it
> for you.  RedHat is recommending to wait for now.

The only bug I know about that fits this description is a missing
requires: from samba on the correct version of krb5-libs. Typically,
users run into this issue if they yum upgrade with the --security flag
which upgrades the samba package, but not krb5..

This bug will be fixed soon in RHEL-7.4.