Detlev Habicht via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have setup an IPA server, NFS server with Samba and of course many
> clients.
> The server are running Scientific Linix 7.3, the clients Fedora 25,
> CentOS 7.3
> and also SL 7.3.
>
> This was running well for one year.
>
> Last week - i think when new IPA patches arrived - we where not able to
> mount
> the NFS shares. I see messages like this:
>
>   Could not chdir to home directory /home/habicht: No such file or directory
>
> When i make a "ls /home“ i see the directories, but i can’t mount.
>
> Authentication is working.
>
> First i thought, my IPA server is broken, so i setup a new one and i also
> configure the NFS server and the clients for the new IPA server.
> (Important: On the NFS server i do only a new ipa-client-install - not a
> reinstall
> of the whole server!)
>
> But i then have the same problem again …
>
> For the shares i am using sec=krb5i. At the end i tested sec=sys. And
> this works!
>
> Can you give me any help, why a NFS server suddenly stopped working
> exporting
> the shares with sec=krb5i (and also krb5 …)?
> What could be broken?
> Where i have to search?
>
> Thanx for any help!

I don't know what the issue is but it is highly unlikely to be related
to the IPA packages, especially for a pre-configured system.

I'd look to see what else was pulled in with the update.

Note too that mixing packages between releases (7.3 and 7.4 in this
case) is not well-tested so you should avoid it when possible.