Detlev Habicht via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> Thank you, for your answer.
>
> How can i avoid this mixing of packages?
>
> Well, i think i have a mix of 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4 (Scientific Linux).  :-(
>
> What can i do to only install 7.2 and the patches for 7.2 (for example)?

I know nothing of SL but there may be separate repositories for each
release that you could use. Otherwise I don't know. The way that RHEL
operates is that each dot release contains package updates as well as
potential security updates so staying at a specific release carries risk
which increases over time.

The thing about NFS is there are a lot of moving parts including NFS
itself, gssproxy, potentially autofs, rpcbind, etc. You should be able
to add a whole slew of -vvvv to get additional debug information out of
the various daemons that may point you in the right direction.

rob