I enabled IPv6 as you can see below:

Int1: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 10.0.120.200  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 10.20.10.255
        inet6 fe80::250:56ff:fe81:c4ba  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20<link>
        ether 00:50:56:81:c4:ba  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 148560  bytes 12827163 (12.2 MiB)
        RX errors 0  dropped 50  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 46268  bytes 16994535 (16.2 MiB)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

Int2: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 192.168.1.200  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 192.168.110.255
        inet6 fe80::250:56ff:fe81:4615  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20<link>
        ether 00:50:56:81:46:15  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 3831  bytes 278364 (271.8 KiB)
        RX errors 0  dropped 50  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 12  bytes 760 (760.0 B)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

Still having the same issue

2017-09-15T15:58:46Z DEBUG stderr=
2017-09-15T15:58:46Z DEBUG wait_for_open_ports: localhost [8080, 8443] timeout 
300
2017-09-15T16:03:46Z ERROR IPA server upgrade failed: Inspect 
/var/log/ipaupgrade.log and run command ipa-server-upgrade manually.
2017-09-15T16:03:46Z DEBUG   File 
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipapython/admintool.py", line 172, in execute
    return_value = self.run()
  File 
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/install/ipa_server_upgrade.py", 
line 46, in run
    server.upgrade()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/install/server/upgrade.py", 
line 1913, in upgrade
    upgrade_configuration()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/install/server/upgrade.py", 
line 1652, in upgrade_configuration
    ca.start('pki-tomcat')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/install/service.py", line 
401, in start
    self.service.start(instance_name, capture_output=capture_output, wait=wait)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaplatform/redhat/services.py", line 
211, in start
    instance_name, capture_output=capture_output, wait=wait)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaplatform/base/services.py", line 
300, in start
    self.wait_for_open_ports(self.service_instance(instance_name))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaplatform/base/services.py", line 
270, in wait_for_open_ports
    self.api.env.startup_timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipapython/ipautil.py", line 1227, in 
wait_for_open_ports
    raise socket.timeout("Timeout exceeded")

2017-09-15T16:03:46Z DEBUG The ipa-server-upgrade command failed, exception: 
timeout: Timeout exceeded
2017-09-15T16:03:46Z ERROR Timeout exceeded
2017-09-15T16:03:46Z ERROR The ipa-server-upgrade command failed. See 
/var/log/ipaupgrade.log for more information

-----Original Message-----
From: Gady Notrica via FreeIPA-users 
[mailto:freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org] 
Sent: September 15, 2017 11:57 AM
To: Rob Crittenden <rcrit...@redhat.com>; FreeIPA users list 
<freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org>
Cc: Gady Notrica <gnotr...@candeal.com>
Subject: [Freeipa-users] Re: IPA Server down after system update

I am going to try now. Any workaround for people that don't want to have IPv6? 
On IPA servers?

Thanks,

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Crittenden [mailto:rcrit...@redhat.com]
Sent: September 15, 2017 11:44 AM
To: FreeIPA users list <freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org>
Cc: Gady Notrica <gnotr...@candeal.com>
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] IPA Server down after system update

Gady Notrica via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> Please HELP
> 
> After upgrading my server, IPA is not running any more. Here is the error I 
> am getting and I can't seem to find any solution on the web.
> 
> All services are stopped except the directory service
> 
> # ipactl status
> Directory Service: RUNNING
> krb5kdc Service: STOPPED
> kadmin Service: STOPPED
> named Service: STOPPED
> httpd Service: STOPPED
> ipa-custodia Service: STOPPED
> ntpd Service: STOPPED
> pki-tomcatd Service: STOPPED
> ipa-otpd Service: STOPPED
> ipa-dnskeysyncd Service: STOPPED
> ipa: INFO: The ipactl command was successful
> 
> And here is the error from /var/log/ipaupgrade.log
> 
> 2017-09-15T15:30:22Z DEBUG stderr=
> 2017-09-15T15:30:22Z DEBUG wait_for_open_ports: localhost [389] 
> timeout 300 2017-09-15T15:35:23Z ERROR IPA server upgrade failed: Inspect 
> /var/log/ipaupgrade.log and run command ipa-server-upgrade manually.
> 2017-09-15T15:35:23Z DEBUG   File 
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipapython/admintool.py", line 172, in 
> execute
>     return_value = self.run()
>   File 
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/install/ipa_server_upgrade.py", 
> line 46, in run
>     server.upgrade()
>   File 
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/install/server/upgrade.py", line 
> 1913, in upgrade
>     upgrade_configuration()
>   File 
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/install/server/upgrade.py", line 
> 1585, in upgrade_configuration
>     ds.start(ds_serverid)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/install/dsinstance.py", 
> line 627, in start
>     super(DsInstance, self).start(*args, **kwargs)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/install/service.py", line 
> 401, in start
>     self.service.start(instance_name, capture_output=capture_output, 
> wait=wait)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaplatform/redhat/services.py", 
> line 157, in start
>     instance_name, capture_output=capture_output, wait=wait)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaplatform/base/services.py", line 
> 300, in start
>     self.wait_for_open_ports(self.service_instance(instance_name))
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaplatform/base/services.py", line 
> 270, in wait_for_open_ports
>     self.api.env.startup_timeout)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipapython/ipautil.py", line 1227, in 
> wait_for_open_ports
>     raise socket.timeout("Timeout exceeded")
> 
> 2017-09-15T15:35:23Z DEBUG The ipa-server-upgrade command failed,
> exception: timeout: Timeout exceeded 2017-09-15T15:35:23Z ERROR 
> Timeout exceeded 2017-09-15T15:35:23Z ERROR The ipa-server-upgrade 
> command failed. See /var/log/ipaupgrade.log for more information
> 

Enable IPv6 and re-run ipa-server-upgrade.

rob
_______________________________________________
FreeIPA-users mailing list -- freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org
To unsubscribe send an email to freeipa-users-le...@lists.fedorahosted.org
_______________________________________________
FreeIPA-users mailing list -- freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org
To unsubscribe send an email to freeipa-users-le...@lists.fedorahosted.org

Reply via email to