On 20 September 2017 at 15:28, Petros Triantafyllidis via FreeIPA-users <
freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>   Having seen several messages in the list regarding problems that
> followed OS upgrades from 7.3 to 7.4 (i.e. rpm IPA 4.4 to 4.5), I would
> like to ask whether such an action is considered safe. Are there any
> specific steps to be taken in master-replica-client infrastucture in order
> to avoid possible pitfalls?
> Moreover, is there anything to be done as a precaution which would allow
> an immediate rollback?

Petros,

I upgraded this morning from 7.3 to 7.4. There was a minor issue with IPv6
that stopped the ipa-server-upgrade script (*if* ipv6 is disabled in sysctl
*and* there is a "::1 localhost" in /etc/hosts), but I was able to deal
with that relatively quickly - there was a post on the web when I searched
my error.

I would say you are safe to upgrade.

cheers
L.

------
"The antidote to apocalypticism is *apocalyptic civics*. Apocalyptic civics
is the insistence that we cannot ignore the truth, nor should we panic
about it. It is a shared consciousness that our institutions have failed
and our ecosystem is collapsing, yet we are still here — and we are
creative agents who can shape our destinies. Apocalyptic civics is the
conviction that the only way out is through, and the only way through is
together. "

*Greg Bloom* @greggish
https://twitter.com/greggish/status/873177525903609857