Just wanted to provide an update. I was able to fix the issue and get
ipa-server-install to finish correctly. By default, my company turns off ipv6
during kickstart by disabling ipv6 in etc/sysctl.conf. We removed that and
continued to have issues so I did a little more digging and found that when we
pass the "noipv6" at the end of our long kickstart hook, it creates the same
entries we were putting in at kickstart, just in a different location,
/etc/sysctl.d/anaconda.conf. I removed the entries from there, removed the ::1
ipv6 address from my /etc/hosts file, and was able to successfully get the
freeIPA server setup. Thanks for your responses!