Honestly, we simply built a new IPA configuration rather than try to migrate.  It's been far easier to move clients over by ripping the OpenLDAP off and installing IPA-client than mucking with a conversion.

I am planning to migrate from a OpenLDAP installation to FreeIPA.

I have been following the directions and matching it to several blog posts about this however I am coming up with errors.

[user@infra-test-ipa ~]$ ipa migrate-ds --user-container=users --group-container=group --user-objectclass=inetOrgPerson --group-objectclass=groupOfNames,groupOfUniqueNames ldap://my.host.name:389
Password:
ipa: ERROR: invalid 'group_container': malformed RDN string = "group"
[user@infra-test-ipa ~]$ ipa migrate-ds --user-container=users --group-container=group ldap://my.host.name:389
[user@infra-test-ipa ~]$ sudo kinit admin
Password for ad...@mynewdomain.net:
[user@infra-test-ipa ~]$ sudo ipa migrate-ds --user-container=users --group-container=Group ldap://my.host.name:389
[user@infra-test-ipa ~]$ sudo ipa migrate-ds --user-container="Users" --base-dn="ou=Users,dc=olddomain,dc=local" --with-compat --group-container="Group" ldap://my.host.name:389
Password:
ipa: ERROR: invalid 'group_container': malformed RDN string = "Group"

Has anyone run into this?
I am running CentOS 7 w/ the latest version of everything.

Mark Haney
Network Engineer at NeoNova
919-460-3330 option 1
mark.ha...@neonova.net