I appreciate all the ideas on how to fix the SSL cert issue on updating to 4.5.0, I'll work on that next week I hope.

This one should be much quicker (hopefully).  My boss has insisted that I get ipa-clients working on a half-dozen or so servers located in Alaska.  (Believe me, I argued strenuously over this, but was told 'no unicorns'.) I've got all but two working, though login times range from 1-5 minutes depending on the weather.  These last two are on incredibly unstable links, I've spent three weeks updating just the core packages to get the ipa-client to /install/.  We're talking average 20-30% packet loss and an average download speed for updates of ~500B/s to 10kB/s. They are satellite links, all of them, by the way.

That said, finished up getting one ready and this morning tried to join the domain.  It took about ten minutes and bombed with:

Joining realm failed: libcurl failed to execute the HTTP POST transaction.  timed out before SSL handshake

So, is there a way to up the timeout for this?  I can up the timeout for curl on the command line, but I don't think that would help with this issue. Any ideas?

--
Mark Haney
Network Engineer at NeoNova