Here is the last user_show I did:
[Mon Oct 16 10:27:25.164027 2017] [:error] [pid 24937] ipa: INFO:
nesre...@chem.byu.edu: batch: user_show(u'aaburton', rights=True, all=True):
SUCCESS
[Mon Oct 16 10:27:25.216336 2017] [:error] [pid 24937] ipa: INFO:
nesre...@chem.byu.edu: batch: pwpolicy_show(None, rights=True,
user=u'aaburton', all=True): SUCCESS
[Mon Oct 16 10:27:25.269772 2017] [:error] [pid 24937] ipa: INFO:
nesre...@chem.byu.edu: batch: krbtpolicy_show(u'aaburton', rights=True,
all=True): SUCCESS
[Mon Oct 16 10:27:25.277407 2017] [:error] [pid 24937] ipa: ERROR:
ra.find(): Unable to communicate with CMS ([Errno 111] Connection refused)
[Mon Oct 16 10:27:25.277553 2017] [:error] [pid 24937] ipa: INFO:
nesre...@chem.byu.edu: batch: cert_find(None, sizelimit=0, all=True,
user=(u'aaburton',)): CertificateOperationError
[Mon Oct 16 10:27:25.277807 2017] [:error] [pid 24937] ipa: INFO:
[jsonserver_session] nesre...@chem.byu.edu: batch(({u'params':
([u'aaburton'], {u'all': True, u'rights': True}), u'method': u'user_show'},
{u'params': ([], {u'all': True, u'user': u'aaburton', u'rights': True}),
u'method': u'pwpolicy_show'}, {u'params': ([u'aaburton'], {u'all': True,
u'rights': True}), u'method': u'krbtpolicy_show'}, {u'params': ([],
{u'sizelimit': 0, u'all': True, u'user': (u'aaburton',)}), u'method':
u'cert_find'}), version=u'2.228'): SUCCESS

I think this supports my suspicion that the failure of pki-tomcatd to start
the last time I updated IPA is related somehow to his issue (correct me if
I am wrong).  I have been struggling to figure out why that failed in the
first place.

Pavel:
The issue with the menu showing all of the options shown in the image I
sent only lasts until I load another user.  The menu initially appears
(before a refresh) like this:
[image: Inline image 1]
This is how I would expect it to look for a disabled user.  It stays like
that until I refresh the page, then it looks like the other image I sent.