On 27 October 2017 at 07:38, Rob Crittenden <rcrit...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Lachlan Musicman via FreeIPA-users wrote:
>

> > ipa -version
> > VERSION: 4.5.0, API_VERSION: 2.228
>
> It shouldn't be even trying port 7389 with v4.5.0. Very old versions of
> IPA used to use two separate 389-ds instances, one for the IPA data and
> one for the CA data. They were combined long ago. This could just be a
> check in case you had a very old master in which case this is a red
> herring.

I went back to take another look at the dirsrv logs after you said this,
and I saw something I didn't see yesterday. I notice that the cn has "meTo"
appended to the start of the master server name.

Is that meant to be that way, or have I mistyped in the wrong window at the
wrong time somewhere?

ERR - NSMMReplicationPlugin - bind_and_check_pwp - agmt="cn=
meTovmpr-linuxidm.unix.domain.com" (vmpr-linuxidm:389) - Replication bind
with GSSAPI auth failed: LDAP error -1 (Can't contact LDAP server) ()

Cheers
L.

------
"The antidote to apocalypticism is *apocalyptic civics*. Apocalyptic civics
is the insistence that we cannot ignore the truth, nor should we panic
about it. It is a shared consciousness that our institutions have failed
and our ecosystem is collapsing, yet we are still here — and we are
creative agents who can shape our destinies. Apocalyptic civics is the
conviction that the only way out is through, and the only way through is
together. "

*Greg Bloom* @greggish
https://twitter.com/greggish/status/873177525903609857