On 10/30/2017 03:55 AM, Sergei Gerasenko via FreeIPA-users wrote:
Hi,

When searching for RUVs, agreements, etc, the following ldapsearch command can
be used:

ldapsearch -xLLL -h HOST -D "cn=directory manager" -W -b cn=config cn=replica
nsds50ruv -o ldif-wrap=no

That seems to work. The reported dn is
"cn=replica,cn=dc\3DMY_DOMAIN\2Cdc\3DCOM,cn=mapping tree,cn=config

However, when I connect to the ldap server using a graphical LDAP browser
(JXplorer), I can't find any of that information. I.e., I can't find the
cn=replica, cn=mapping tree or cn=config.

How can see that information using a graphical browser?

Thanks!
   Sergei

usually graphical browsers are able to automatically retrieve the list of naming contexts (also called base DN or suffixes) provided by a LDAP server and display them. The naming contexts are obtained by performing a ldapsearch on the root DSE (the empty suffix "") asking for the attribute namingcontexts.

FreeIPA publishes only a subset of its available naming contexts because the other ones are storing internal configuration, for instance:

$ ldapsearch -h localhost -p 389 -x  -b "" -s base -LLL namingcontexts
dn:
namingcontexts: cn=changelog
namingcontexts: dc=ipadomain,dc=com
namingcontexts: o=ipaca

But most graphical browsers can be configured with a naming context to look for, for instance by specifying a base DN in the connect dialog.

HTH,
Flo