Ok so I did that and the rules are coming down just like I thought:
[user1@jira02 ~]$ sudo -lMatching Defaults entries for rob.lloyd on jira02:
!visiblepw, always_set_home, match_group_by_gid, env_reset, env_keep="COLORS
DISPLAY HOSTNAME HISTSIZE KDEDIR LS_COLORS", env_keep+="MAIL PS1 PS2 QTDIR
USERNAME LANG LC_ADDRESS LC_CTYPE", env_keep+="LC_COLLATE LC_IDENTIFICATION
LC_MEASUREMENT LC_MESSAGES",    env_keep+="LC_MONETARY LC_NAME LC_NUMERIC
LC_PAPER LC_TELEPHONE", env_keep+="LC_TIME LC_ALL LANGUAGE LINGUAS _XKB_CHARSET
XAUTHORITY", secure_path=/sbin\:/bin\:/usr/sbin\:/usr/bin
User user1 may run the following commands on jira02:    (ALL : ALL) NOPASSWD:
/usr/bin/su - jira,/usr/bin/sudo su - jira,/bin/su - jira,/bin/sudo -
jira[user1@jira02 ~]$
But i'm not able to execute...I will look into the debugger and see what I get.
 This is all new territory for me.  If you have any ideas, thank you in
advance.

    On Thursday, November 9, 2017 1:47 AM, Jakub Hrozek via FreeIPA-users
<freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org> wrote:

 On Thu, Nov 09, 2017 at 02:07:03AM +0000, Andrew Meyer via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> Hello, I am trying to setup a few of my users to have the ability to su -
> jira or another user using FreeIPA.
> Here is what happens when I am logged in as the user and try to su - jira
> [user1@jira02 ~]$ sudo su - process[sudo] password for user1:Sorry, user
> user1 is not allowed to execute '/bin/su - jira' as root on
> jira02.example.net.[user1@jira02 ~]$
> [andrew.meyer@jira02 ~]$ ipa sudorule-show su_jira  Rule name: su_jira
> Enabled: TRUE  Host category: all  RunAs User category: all  RunAs Group
> category: all  User Groups: developers, ops_sudoers  Sudo Allow Command
> Groups: jira_access  Sudo Option: !authenticate[andrew.meyer@jira02 ~]$
>
> [andrew.meyer@jira02 ~]$ ipa sudocmd-find su_jira_cmds----------------------1
> Sudo Command matched----------------------  Sudo Command: /usr/bin/su -
> jira,/usr/bin/sudo su - jira,/bin/su - jira,/bin/sudo - jira  Description:
> su_jira_cmds----------------------------Number of entries returned
> What am I doing wrong?

I would first run "sudo -l" to see if the user is able to run any sudo
commands at all.

Then I'd proceed to sudo debugging from
https://docs.pagure.org/SSSD.sssd/users/sudo_troubleshooting.html#obtaining-logs
to see what data was transferred to sudo and how did sudo evaluate them.