Is the domainname set to the domain name of your IPA domain?  I usually set
CentOS/RHEL servers hostname as the FQDN and when you install the
free-ipa-client it sets the domain name of the server to the freeipa domain
name.

The next thing to check is if your hosts file is setup properly.  Meaning the
entry for your host should be "IP  FQDN  alias".  I have found if FQDN is not
the first entry, as it should always be, it can cause issues with sudo.

Did you add anything to the sssd.conf?  SSSD usually works pretty good.  This
article may help also.  Let me know the outcome.

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/1281953

Aaron