skrawczenko--- via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> My cluster has been successfully working for over a year with version 4.2
> I have replica of two ipa nodes and winsync
>
> Tried to upgrade (ipa-server-upgrade) and replica seems to be ruined after it.
> I can't even check its status
>

> [root@idm0 ~]# ipa-replica-manage list --verbose
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/sbin/ipa-replica-manage", line 1615, in <module>
>     main(options, args)
>   File "/usr/sbin/ipa-replica-manage", line 1548, in main
>     options.nolookup)
>   File "/usr/sbin/ipa-replica-manage", line 197, in list_replicas
>     config_string = ent.single_value['ipaConfigString']
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipapython/ipaldap.py", line 564, in
> __getitem__
>     value = self._entry[name]
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipapython/ipaldap.py", line 442, in
> __getitem__
>     return self._get_nice(name)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipapython/ipaldap.py", line 409, in
> _get_nice
>     name = self._get_attr_name(name)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipapython/ipaldap.py", line 405, in
> _get_attr_name
>     name = self._names[name]
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipapython/ipautil.py", line 583, in
> __getitem__
>     return super(CIDict, self).__getitem__(key.lower())
> KeyError: u'ipaconfigstring'
> Unexpected error: u'ipaconfigstring'
>
> Please any advises how to restore replication and winsync after upgrade, this
> is quite critical.

This is unlikely to be broken replication, it seems to be an issue with
the ipa-replica-manage tool.

Look at the entries in LDAP using something like (replace example and
com with whatever your search base is):

$ kinit admin
$ ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI -b cn=replicas,cn=ipa,cn=etc,dc=example,dc=com

In theory there should be only one entry: your winsync agreement. It
should have an ipaConfigString value of: winsync:<ad_host_name>

If there are other entries we'll need to see them.

If it's just the ipaconfigstring missing it is straightforward to re-add it.