On to, 30 marras 2017, Lenhardt, Matthias via FreeIPA-users wrote:
Hi,

any recommendations how to best update the compat tree after changes of
AD user attributes?

We use IPA 4.5 with AD trust. After modification of a AD user
attribute, e.g. loginShell, the compat tree doesn't get updated
automatically and so the unix/linux can't enjoy his new shell.

Accourding to Red Hat's knowledge base article
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/1503713 the only way is to restart
dirsrv ...

Maybe there's a better way to achieve this.
Not right now. We are working on improvements, though. Hopefully,
they'll be in next RHEL update. I need to update Fedora packages too but
as we depend on somewhat newer SSSD functionality which is not released
yet (backports from git master are in Fedora as of last week), it was
delayed.

Do you run RHEL or CentOS?

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy