Hi Andrew,

On 26/12/2017 16:35, Andrew Meyer wrote:
> Jens,
> I'm not familiar w/ Python.  How do I pass the url, user and realm to
> it?  Do I do something like this - './freeipaclient.py url=myurl
> user=username' ?

If you're not familiar with python my code is probably not useful for
you. It's main purpose is to be a library to be integrated into other
python tools/scripts,
not to be used as a command line tool.

To perform quick commands against ipa from the command line I just use
the ipa client https://www.freeipa.org/page/Client

If you want to script things, then more information on the api is indeed
actually pretty hard to come by.

see https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2015-April/msg00582.html
which eventually pointed me to
https://vda.li/en/posts/2015/05/28/talking-to-freeipa-api-with-sessions/

The thing here that I needed to figure out to get kerberos
authentication working in python (and probably a lot of other scripting
languages) is that
you can just set KRB5_KTNAME=/path/to/keytabfile and use GSSAPI in your
script. And to get the actuall REST calls you can just run ipa -vv
<command>

Regards,
Jens Timmerman