On Mon, Jan 08, 2018 at 08:44:29AM -0700, Sean Hogan via FreeIPA-users wrote:

>   Hello,
>
>  I have recently been looking into the password vault for IPA and would
> like to implement however I have not been able to find an answer to a
> compliance question on it yet.
>

>    Does the IPA PW vault limit checking out the password for a shared id to
> one person at a time?  I am thinking this would ensure that personal
> accountability of that ID being used instead of allowing multiple people
> checking out the same id password.
>
> RHEL 7.3 IPA 4.4

I'm not 100% sure what you are asking.  Vault is for storing a
secret.  A shared vault means more than one person can read the
vault.  Authorised people can "retrieve" the secret, but the datam
is the same for each person, and there is no concept of "checking
out" or "locking".

Hope that helps,
Fraser