That's weird. I've now tried a replica install on a fresh VM and it has
worked- exact same parameters as before ¬ ¬U, no "invalid
'dnszoneidnsname': only master zones can contain records". Maybe I had a
problem with the previous install failing and me cleaning up/retrying
incorrectly.

Never mind...

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 7:45 PM, Martin Basti via FreeIPA-users <
freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org> wrote:

> do you have a traceback in log? I'm curious where exactly this happened,
> what is your FreeIPA version?
>
> [1]
> I haven't install FreeIPA in LXC, but I'm happy user of FreeIPA running in
> LXC :-) So it should work

> freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org>:
>
>> Hi Marti,
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 12:46 AM, Martin Basti via FreeIPA-users <
>> freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org> wrote:
>>
>>> it looks that replica is trying to add records to your forward zone.
>>> What is the hostname of the replica?
>>>

>> Yeah, it's xxx.h2.int.pdp7.net, which is within the forwarded zone.
>>
>> I have a dnsmasq acting as DHCP/DNS server in h2.int.pdp7.net to provide
>> automatic network configuration to VMs. It's a non-routable network, so I'm
>> not sure what the right setup would be.
>>
>> 1. what is not working on lxc?
>>>

>> It was something about GSSAPI or something like that, I'll try to
>> reproduce and start a new thread about that- but I guess it's more of an
>> LXC problem (ideally I would like to run my replica on LXC so it consumes
>> less RAM, but I can live with a full VM).
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Álex

>> freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm labbing a FreeIPA environment for personal use, and I'm getting that
>>> while bringing up a replica.
>>>
>>> I set up my first freeipa-server instance on a cheap VPS on a public IP,
>>> intend on making it publicly accessible so I can always authenticate my
>>> laptop even on wild public networks.
>>>
>>> I'm adding the replica as a VM(1) on a Proxmox VE, on a private network
>>> with VPN connectivity to the first public freeipa-server, but I'm getting:
>>>
>>> 2018-01-06T20:56:04Z DEBUG The ipa-replica-install command failed,
>>> exception: ValidationError: invalid 'dnszoneidnsname': only master zones
>>> can contain records
>>>
>>> . I'm trying to create the replica with CA and DNS, and I had set up DNS
>>> forwarding to the internal DNS on the Proxmox system with:
>>>
>>> $ ipa dnsforwardzone-add h2.int.pdp7.net --forwarder=10.42.42.1
>>> $ ipa dnsforwardzone-add --name-from-ip=10.42.42.0/24
>>> --forwarder=10.42.42.1 --forward-policy=only
>>>
>>> on the first server (I run dnsmasq on Proxmox VE, 10.42.42.0/24 -
>>> h2.int.pdp7.net is the network it manages), and I guess that's messing
>>> with the replica, but I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this.
>>>
>>> Thoughts? Ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Álex
>>>
>>> (1) I can't seem to create a freeipa-replica on an LXC container. Is
>>> this something that can be discussed here or should I take it to LXC?

> [...]

   ___
 {~._.~}