On 01/10/2018 12:29 PM, lejeczek via FreeIPA-users wrote:

On 09/01/18 17:24, Charles Hedrick wrote:
I also had issues installing a replica under 7.4. Here are my notes. krb4 is the new replica, krb1 and 2 the existing ones.

I'm on Centos, there is something very wrong with freeipa / dependencies in 7.4. I've had four replicas/servers from 7.1 time and just now removed one server from domain, all these problems I hit earlier were while setting a new domain, but now I see I cannot reconnect that one node back to the old, still functioning domain, the same errors. Installing a new servers goes smoothly(?) but adding a replica feels like pain in a buttock that does want to go away :)

The weirdest thing is that randomness with which client installation succeeds, 99% time it fails, and clocks are in sync.

when the replica installation fails, you need to clean the replication agreements before you can re-try replication installation on the same machine:
- on the master, ipa-replica-manage del <replica>
(you can do ipa-replica-manage list to make sure that the replica is not listed any more).

- check if the host is still in the list of hosts (on the master): ipa host-find
You can remove the host with ipa host-del <replica>

When you reach the state where ipa-replica-manage list and ipa host-find do not show any more the replica, you can re-install it with ipa-client-install and ipa-replica-install.

As you mention issues that do not happen 100% of the time, I would check the DNS configuration. Is your IPA client installed with DNS autodiscovery or with a fixed list of IPA servers?

Flo