Hi Alex!
I've set up on Debian 8 ipa-client recently.
And here is my notes on this process, maybe it would be helpfull.

1. Enable sid repo
2. Install freeipa-client and python-sss packages
3. Update python-six to 1.10+
4. Restart dbus service
5. ipa-client-install command

In the end - I've got completely working ipa-client for ssh and sudo.

Best regards, Andrew.