Jamal Mahmoud via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> I'm having strange issues with removing one of my freeIPA masters, I
> managed to mess up the deletion process and my system seems to be stuck
> in a state of limbo, my current setup is 3 servers ( 1 has been
> decommissioned) that all share the CA/Domain responsibilities. When i
> run the command .>
> *ipa-replica-manage list*
> *
> *it produces 3 servers as active masters, when this is not true as i
> have uninstalled ipa-server on one. Trying to delete it through that
> command has given me no luck, even using *--force* and *--cleanup* does
> not work. the same error output appears:
>
> *oxygen.eggvfx.ie <http://oxygen.eggvfx.ie>: server not found*

I think we need more information. What version of IPA is this, what
distribution?

Is the above error the exact error you are getting?

As I understand it you ran ipa-server-install --uninstall and THEN tried
to delete the master?

What does ipa-replica-manage list -v `hostname` show on one of the other
masters?

> *
> *
> I'm not very good with ldap tools but after running
>
> *ldapsearch -x *
> *
> *there is a reference to the oxygen server still sitting in there, it
> seems that the dirty entry is still hanging around my system, i'm
> wondering if there is any way to resolve this?
>
> ldapsearch output:
> *defaultServerList: oxygen.eggvfx.ie <http://oxygen.eggvfx.ie>
> nitrogen.eggvfx.ie <http://nitrogen.eggvfx.ie> lithium.eggvfx.ie
> <http://lithium.eggvfx.ie>*

An anonymous LDAP search won't show much.

Does it show up in host-find?

rob