On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 3:33 PM, Bret Wortman via FreeIPA-users <
freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org> wrote:

> I've run up against a limit I can't seem to adjust.
>
> When listing a particular DNS zone which has well over 5000 hosts in it,
> we keep getting "Search result has been truncated: Configured
> administrative server limit exceeded."
>
> I've tried fixing this in a number of ways. We've shut down the services,
> edited dse.ldif to raise nsslapd-searchlimit to 99999 and restarted, but:

the canonical way to do this is using ldap paging, with ldapsearch  you
could try using the -E pr=xxxx parameter, where xxxx could be 1000 for
instance. That way you know you are always under the limit imposed by the
server.

If you set pr=xxxx to higher than 5000 then it should give all the results
in one go.

--
Groeten,
natxo