On ke, 14 helmi 2018, Felipe_G0NZÁLEZ_SANTIAG0 via FreeIPA-users wrote:
I have a Freeipa server version 4.3.1 on Ubuntu 16.04. Then I installed
freeipa-client, and run
#i pa-client-install --mkhomedir

However, when I try to loggin no freeipa client machine it fails.
I supposed it was because the home directories have not been created.
So, I configured PAM modules manually by editing the /etc/pam.d/common-session
and adding this+ line:
session required pam_mkhomedir.so

and then loggin proccess works perfectly!

Any idea why the option -- mkhomedir is not well working here?
Debian platform does basically nothing to provide support for adding
pam_mkhomdir in ipaplatform/debian/tasks.py:

class DebianTaskNamespace(RedHatTaskNamespace):
   @staticmethod
   def modify_nsswitch_pam_stack(sssd, mkhomedir, statestore):
       # Debian doesn't use authconfig, this is handled by pam-auth-update
       return True

But nothing calls pam-auth-update from within IPA client installer.

Someone needs to develop these methods further, to allow actual
configuration to be changed.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy