On 03/15/2018 11:23 AM, barrykfl--- via FreeIPA-users wrote:
Hi:

I want to make cluster of 3 nodes ...does this graph shown servers need 2 virtual ips if not made single point of failure ?

The issue with this topology is that a failure of server1 would lead to a situation where server2 and server3 do not communicate and replicate with each other.

This type of topology is described in "Discouraged topology" in IdM guide [1]. The recommendation would be to create a replication agreement between server2 and server3 as described in "Setting up replication between two servers" [2].

HTH,
Flo

[1] https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html-single/linux_domain_identity_authentication_and_policy_guide/#managing-topology-graph-ui [2] https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html-single/linux_domain_identity_authentication_and_policy_guide/#managing-topology-ui-set-up