On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 4:31 PM, Gavin Williams via FreeIPA-users
<freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org> wrote:
> Afternoon all
>
> I’ve got a slightly strange one with one of our FreeIPA clusters, whereby the
> topology suffixes appear to have disappeared.

How is this manifested? No visible in Web UI, CLI?

> From what I can see, this is causing replication issues between the hosts,
> which is causing us issues with bootstrapping new clients against FreeIPA.
>
> I’m not aware of any config changes that have happened on the FreeIPA hosts
> that could have caused this issue, so am a bit stumped atm.
>
> Is someone able to advise next steps on how to investigate the cause and
> correct the configuration?

For anything regarding replication, a good start is to check directory
server error and access logs on both sides.

https://www.freeipa.org/page/Files_to_be_attached_to_bug_report#Directory_server_failed
https://www.freeipa.org/page/Troubleshooting#Directory_Server_issues

Next step could be to check for replication conflicts:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_directory_server/10/html/administration_guide/managing_replication-solving_common_replication_conflicts

--
Petr Vobornik