On 04/09/2018 12:07 PM, lejeczek via FreeIPA-users wrote:

On 09/04/18 09:50, Florence Blanc-Renaud wrote:
Hi,

the issue looks like bugzilla 1538184 [1]. Did you define a 'root' user in FreeIPA with uid=0/gid=0?

Flo

hmm.. honestly I cannot say whether I migrated users before I tried fist time to installed the client.
But yes, if I do:
$ ipa user-show root
   User login: root
   Last name: root
   Home directory: /home/root
   Login shell: /bin/false
   Principal name: root@PRIVATE
   Principal alias: root@PRIVATE
   UID: 0
   GID: 0
   Account disabled: False
   Password: True
   Indirect Member of group: ipausers
   Kerberos keys available: False

Is there a fix/workaround it? Do I simply remove root user?

Yes, the workaround would be to remove this root user. I believe that we recommend to avoid storing users with uid < 1000 in LDAP so that local operations are not disrupted if there is an IPA outage.

HTH,
Flo

many thanks.