Hello to the mailing list!

We are running FreeIPA to handle authentication, and having an issue.  We
have a few tools that can not use the full IPA stack (PAM/SSSD/Kerberos),
but instead have to talk to the underlying LDAP server directly.  The
problem we are facing is when user passwords expire, those users are still
granted access to these tools that only use LDAP.  In researching this
issue, I ran into https://pagure.io/freeipa/issue/1539 - which seems to be
related.  Is this still a known issue?  Is there any way around it (like
being able to automatically disable any user who's password has been
expired for a certain period of time?  This is within a PCI-compliant
infrastructure, so we have to make sure we cover all bases.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Jeremy Utley