On 04/23/2018 10:37 PM, Ross Infinger via FreeIPA-users wrote:
I'm trying to promote a new client to a replica.  I install the client first then run ipa-replica-install. The client install goes OK but the ipa-replica-install command fails with

RuntimeError: Certificate issuance failed (CA_UNREACHABLE)

Seems the client was able to reach the CA so I'm puzzled why the replica cannot.

Hi,

other users also hit this issue #7193 [1], and the root cause was that the root's umask on the master was too restrictive. Can you check if it's your case?

The workaround is to do:
chmod 644 /etc/ipa/ca.crt
chmod 440 /var/lib/ipa/ra-agent.{key|pem}

but the best is to install the master with umask 022.

HTH,
Flo

[1] https://pagure.io/freeipa/issue/7193